Wednesday, December 21, 2011

365 Day 350: Improv Dec 21

orph and my fancymic reunited. <3

new strings and a bridge adjustment on orph. the new strings are noticeably brighter (they were much brighter before, they've leveled out somewhat in the past few days) but the main thing I'm noticing is that the A string is really hollow -- no bottom end at all. It didn't sound that bad in the studio (thank goodness) but at my place and at the gig I just played it would not come through, though any notes played on the D and E strings were nice and boomy.

I think this may have to do with my moving the bridge so that the foot on the E string side is over the "bass bar", a wooden bar that runs under the top face of the instrument, but never having done anything to do with the setup of the bass I'm not sure. If someone could correct me on this I'd be very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment